The following are the criteria given by State Council for Technical (SCTE), Nagaland for promotion of students from lower term to higher term:
- Students having back papers of more than 6(six) subjects in semester I and II shall not be allowed to continue to take admission in Semester III. Similarly, students having back papers more than 6 (six) subjects from semester I t to IV will not be allowed to continue to take admission in Semester V.
- Students been barred to take admission because of the above said condition will be re-admitted once they clear the back papers and only when such semester are made available.
- Students shall be granted a maximum period of 6 (six) years only to complete Diploma courses.
- No student would be allowed to move to the next higher term without taking semester admission in the lower term.
- No students will be allowed to take admission to higher term without appearing any of the subjects in the lower term. Such students have to be re-admitted to that particular term along with junior batch.